Exports General revalidation
What does the OCQ(V) - EXr (Exports General revalidation) involve?
Exports General revalidation content is now included within the revalidation course of any qualification for which the OCQ(V) - EX is a prerequisite. It is a requirement that OVs review the Exports General content at least once every four years, but it is no longer necessary to complete a separate EXr course unless the OCQ(V) - EX and its prerequisite course, OCQ(V) - ES, are the only qualifications held.
Exports General questions will be included in the examinations for exports revalidation courses, so OVs are advised to review the content regularly.
However, for revalidations which are due for OVs who do not require additional export qualifications, the following information still applies.
To complete the revalidation process for Exports General, you will be required to:
- Enrol on the revalidation course from your Personal Training Dashboard. This will cost £99 + VAT.
- Complete the pre-course self-evaluation.
- Complete the online training course on Moodle. This equates to three hours of CPD.
- Complete the post-course self-evaluation.
- Nominate an invigilator, who must then accept their role.
- Pass the online examination. This will comprise of ten multiple choice questions to be completed in 30 minutes.
- Complete three case logs, but only if this is the only export qualification you hold.
- Sign the final declarations.
Useful facts for OCQ(V) - EXr
- You are not required to complete certification exercises or case logs for this revalidation course unless it is the only exports qualification you hold.
- If your OCQ(V) - EX is expired or suspended, you must not use it or any OCQ(V)s for which it is a prerequisite until your OCQ(V) - EX authorisation has been granted.
- The cost of the revalidation course is £99 + VAT.
- Should you fail the online examination, you will have two opportunities to retake it. The cost of each retake is £49 + VAT.
- There is a process of internal verification for 10% of candidates. ISVPS will conduct this within one month of completion of revalidation requirements.
Counts of OVs Authorised by APHA in GB
START A NEW OCQ(V)
ONLINE LEARNING SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE