Avian Exports revalidation
What does the OCQ(V) - AXr (Avian Exports revalidation) involve?
To complete the revalidation process for Avian Exports, you will be required to:
- Enrol on the revalidation course from your Personal Training Dashboard. This will cost £99 + VAT.
- Complete the pre-course self-evaluation.
- Complete the online training course on Moodle. This equates to 8 hours of CPD.
- Complete the post-course self-evaluation.
- Nominate an invigilator, who must then accept their role.
- Pass the online examination. This will comprise of 20 multiple choice questions to be completed in one hour.
- Complete 3 certification exercises. The CPD for these is included in the total course allowance.
- Sign the final declarations.
Avian Exports revalidation timings
- Revalidation for the OCQ(V) - AX (Avian Exports) qualification is due every 4 years.*
- You will begin to receive email reminders from 6 months before your revalidation due date. It is your responsibility to ensure that your email address is kept up to date so that you will receive these reminders.
- You may enrol on the revalidation course and start the revalidation process at any time. There will be a 6-month window before the expiry date in which you can complete the revalidation (by signing the declarations) without changing your future revalidation date.
Useful facts for OCQ(V) - AXr
- You are required to complete 3 certification exercises for this revalidation course.
- If your OCQ(V) - AX is expired or suspended, you must not use it until authorisation has been granted again.
- The cost of the revalidation course is £99 + VAT.
- There is a link to Essential Skills revalidation content within the AXr course. There is no requirement to complete this ESr content to record completion of your AXr course but you must make sure that your Essential Skills knowledge is up to date at all times.
- The online examination will comprise of 10 questions specific to Avian Exports, 5 Exports General and 5 Essential Skills questions.
- Should you fail the online examination, you will have 2 opportunities to retake it. The cost of each retake is £49 + VAT.
- There is a process of internal verification for 10% of candidates. ISVPS will conduct this within 1 month of completion of revalidation requirements.
* The only exceptions to the 4-year revalidation cycle are those who had 'grandfather rights', or who had already studied and been awarded the OCQ(V) - AX before 31st January 2019, whose revalidation will be due 3 years from the date that they passed the online exam and completed the declarations. However, for those who were awarded or have revalidated the OCQ(V) - AX since 31st January 2019, your first revalidation will be due 4 years from the date that you passed your online exam and completed your declarations.
START A NEW OCQ(V)
ONLINE LEARNING SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE