OCQ(V) – EX (Exports General)
- An overview of the general principles of international trade.
- An overview of the legal and professional requirements on all vets to undertake certification in full compliance with the 10 Principles of Certification at all times, avoiding conflicts of interest and protecting animal welfare – including the potential consequences of incorrect certification.
- An overview of legal, professional, APHA and destination country requirements and procedures relevant to OVs undertaking export certification.
- Export procedures including: roles and responsibilities; the export process from application to completion of travel; meeting documentary, health and welfare requirements; the completion of export certification and use of the APHA website and OV instructions for exports.
- Familiarisation with Defra, GovUK, APHA, RCVS and other websites providing relevant information to refresh knowledge.
Before applying for export training, you must complete the OCQ(V) - ES and the OCQ(V) - EX. If appropriate, you must also complete one or more of the following modules appropriate to your chosen species/commodity specific export OV work area(s):
- OCQ(V) - AX
- OCQ(V) - EQ
- OCQ(V) - GX
- OCQ(V) - PX
- OCQ(V) - UX
You are required to undergo revalidation every five years. This will change to every four years from 1st July 2019 onwards.
Veterinary Practice magazine
Veterinary Practice magazine is home to the Official Vet column, providing OVs with the latest news and updates from APHA and Improve International as well as featuring interesting articles on topics relevant to the industry.
How to gain an OCQ(V) qualification and become an OV
Register online to gain access to OCQ(V) training and revalidation
2019 OV Conference dates announced, Sept 25th and 26th
Register now for exclusive discounted rates. Book here.