OCQ(V) - GX (Germinal Products Exports)
- Procedures and requirements for the export of germinal products with particular reference to variation of procedural and documentary requirements related to country of destination, transit counties and species and their relevance to the Authorised Veterinarian and/or OV.
- Legal, professional and APHA requirements and procedures relevant to the Authorised Veterinarian/OV undertaking export certification for germinal products - including detailed consideration of species specific requirements.
- The legal and professional responsibilities of the Authorised Veterinarian/OV relating to safeguarding the welfare of donor animals entering and/or residing within germinal product establishments.
- The development of skills required for the resolution of queries/problems relevant to the export of germinal products.
- Familiarisation with the Defra, APHA and other websites providing relevant information to refresh knowledge.
Before applying for OCQ(V) - GX training, you are required to complete OCQ(V) - ES, followed by OCQ(V) – EX training PRIOR to commencing this species specific module.
You are required to undergo revalidation every three years.
New name for OCQ(V) GX
To comply with new EU legislation the name ‘Germplasm’ has changed to ‘Germinal Products’. The course content remains the same, it is only the title which will change.
Veterinary Practice magazine
Veterinary Practice magazine is home to the Official Vet column, providing OVs with the latest news and updates from APHA and Improve International as well as featuring interesting articles on topics relevant to the industry.
How to gain an OCQ(V) qualification and become an OV
Register online to gain access to OCQ(V) training and revalidation
2019 OV Conference dates announced, Sept 25th and 26th
Register now for exclusive discounted rates. Book here.