OCQ(V) - SS (Statutory Surveillance)
Topics covered include:
- Anthrax, Brucellosis and sheep scab are the endemic diseases currently specified for inclusion. More may be added.
- Essential background information relevant to the responsibilities of an OV undertaking statutory surveillance for the specified endemic diseases.
- Detailed procedural training related to statutory surveillance for the specified endemic diseases, including reference to the relevant APHA OV Instructions and SOPs, including hygiene, biosecurity and health and safety requirements.
- Clarification of the legal and professional responsibilities of all vets in relation to compliance with the 10 Principles of Certification, avoidance of conflicts of interest, protection of animal welfare and management of suspected notifiable disease.
- Familiarisation with Defra*, GOV.UK, APHA and other websites providing relevant information to refresh knowledge.
* Welsh Assembly Government (WAG), the Scottish Government, whichever is/are appropriate to the area in which the candidate will be working.
Please note: before applying for OCQ(V) - SS training, you are required to have completed the OCQ(V) - ES.
You are required to undergo revalidation for OCQ(V) - SS every 4 years.
Veterinary Practice magazine
Veterinary Practice magazine is home to the Official Vet column, providing OVs with the latest news and updates from APHA and Improve International as well as featuring interesting articles on topics relevant to the industry.
How to gain an OCQ(V) qualification and become an OV
Register online to gain access to OCQ(V) training and revalidation
2019 OV Conference dates announced, Sept 25th and 26th
Register now for exclusive discounted rates. Book here.