OCQ(V) - SX (Small Animal Exports)
- Procedures and requirements for the export of companion animals, including pet birds, with particular reference to variation of procedural and documentary requirements related to country of destination and species.
- Procedures and requirements for the export of commercially-traded small animals, with particular reference to variation of procedural and documentary requirements related to premises of origin, country and premises of destination and species.
- The scope and rules of the Pet Travel Scheme, with particular reference to preparation procedures and the development of skills required for resolution of queries/problems.
- The legal, professional and APHA requirements and procedures relevant to OVs undertaking export certification for companion animals, pet birds and commercially-traded small animals and the preparation of dogs, cats and ferrets as pets.
- The legal and professional responsibilities of OVs relating to safeguarding the welfare of small animals and pet birds presented for export.
- Familiarisation with Defra, APHA, RCVS and other websites providing relevant information to refresh knowledge.
You are required to undergo revalidation for OCQ(V) - SX every 4 years.
Veterinary Practice magazine
Veterinary Practice magazine is home to the Official Vet column, providing OVs with the latest news and updates from APHA and Improve International as well as featuring interesting articles on topics relevant to the industry.
How to gain an OCQ(V) qualification and become an OV
Register online to gain access to OCQ(V) training and revalidation
2019 OV Conference dates announced, Sept 25th and 26th
Register now for exclusive discounted rates. Book here.